August 8, 2008

Main Salmon River Fun!

It has been a while since I've gotten on here, and these next few posts will be a little out of order, but here is the new news! Every year my family goes on a week long river trip with our cousins, the Laws, and some family friends and my sisters in-laws the Hughes. It is great fun, and we all look forward to it so much! TyRell couldn't come because of some work committments, so I flew to Boise on my own and packed for the trip while my dad was in Canada. On Sunday the 27th of August we piled in the cars and drove seven hours to North Fork Idaho, and on the 28th put on the river for the next six days! We had so much fun! There were a few bumps in the road...literally....so much that there were two flat tires, a few mishaps in some of the rapids, but overall we were really blessed with our safety. There were six rafts, two katarafts, and nine rubber duckies. We took up a long portion of the river! The sandy beach campsights were beautiful and relaxing! Here are some pictures from along the way!

These are all of the rafts gathering after going through the rapid "Salmon Falls." It was awesome! I love the white water!

This is the whole family minus Ty.

This is Annie and I on our second to last day on the river....just before I threw her in the river!

1 comment:

Wade said...

It looks so much fun!!! We were just in Sun Valley and talking about how much fun it would be to go down a river. Fun to see your family after hearing all about them:)