October 26, 2010

WHAT TO DO

...inside with an ACTIVE TODDLER?

Seriously!!! As a first time mom with a toddler, I have no idea how to keep either of us entertained when it is so cold and ugly outside. Any suggestions? I can only do so much baking and cleaning, and then its done! Then what do we do?

Right now I'm in a rutt. We are watching WAY TOO MUCH TV. It's terrible. Probably 3 or 4 hours worth a day. ( Which is a lot for us.) It's one thing if its cold outside and we can throw on coats and gloves and play outside. But it's another when it's cold, windy, and threatening to rain/snow any minute. Ahhhhhh!!!!

So, please leave a comment with any suggestions. And if you would like to have an indoor play date, please let me know. Cuz we would LOVE to!

6 comments:

Heidi & Derek said...

The Logan Library does a toddler reading hour once a week. Treehouse Mueseum is a really cool indoor children's museum (it's in Ogden though.) Fun Park soft play. Nature Center in Logan Canyon?

Unknown said...

I agree with heidi- the library should have story times which are fun, also a childrens museum, or an indoor swimming pool? ours has a family swim in the mornings. winter is so tough!

Amber said...

Dillon and I are right there with you! I wish we lived close enough for play dates because that would be a blast! I am super bummed about the cold coming because it feels like we are trapped inside (and we don't have any TV and live 40 minutes from any type of store so I'm getting worried!). Right now I keep busy painting, so if you have any kind of hobby, now is a good time! Maybe knitting or something? I'm also thinking Santa should bring some really cool indoor toys for Dillon. That's about all I've come up with. I so wish we lived closer, but you're definitely not the only one with this problem!

mental monika said...

Crafts of any kind are always a hit with a toddler. Painting (especially finger painting), crayons, playdoh (I like the homemade version), just anything the little one can tackle. We also used to let the kids just play with water and water toys in daycare. Granted you probably don't have a toddler sized sink, but it works with a bucket on the table or floor where you don't mind mopping, or just going for extra baths! And dancing. My kids like nothing better than turning on goofy music (or even Mom's choice) and getting silly. AND, if you have an area you can make as soft as possible, being able to literally bounce off the walls and couches when they can't go outside always saved me from toddlers in winter. =) Have fun!

Katelyn said...

Abby for Olive got a long low clear storage bin and filled it with dried beans, gave Olive a shovel and a bucket and invented a "sandbox" for the kitchen. And just put the lid on it when you do not want the mess! And they sweep up really well which is nice.

The Whipples said...

Addie and I are up for a get together any time