June 24, 2012

Thoughts of Spiritual Uplift

Wow. I used to do my Sunday "thoughts of spiritual uplift" all of the time. Speaking of time, where has it gone! These are some  of my favorite posts. It is such a good way to reflect on the week and put into words all of the feelings, thoughts, and emotions that I have experienced.


A lot has happened this week. To begin with, TyRell was out of town. To all of you single mothers I have only one thing to say, "I love ya." It hasn't been easy.


With the hubs being out of town I decided to decorate a few spaces in the house. A new kiddy table, a new beadspread, etc. With those decorations came a fat lip for Big T. (his first, but probably not his last bloody experience), and some puppy problems. But it all worked out.


Most of all, while the hubs was gone, there was an accident that shook up our little community. I didn't know them personally, but knew quite a few people related to the little boy killed. I was weepy for a couple of days. I went with a friend to visit a family closely related to this little boy. Talk about testimonies built on a sure foundation. They were so strong. It strengthened me. 


While teaching in church today we talked a lot about how our Saviour, Jesus Christ wants nothing else than for us to obtain eternal life. He is there to hold our hand and help us there if we let Him. 
Alma 36 verse 3 in The Book of Mormon reads, "...I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." 


I am so grateful that I have a family who has been sealed for "time and all eternity" that we might live with our Heavenly Father again. There is life after death, it doesn't end here. 




***To learn more about The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, or eternal families, visit    here or here.***

No comments: