April 8, 2012

Thoughts of Spiritual Uplift: Easter

The water works have been turned on today. Tears just magically fall down my cheeks. I am so grateful for today, and so emotional about the thought of what Easter truly means in my life.


Today I spoke in church about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know that He lived, was crucified, buried in a tomb, and rose to live again on the third day. He conquered this "thing that men call death." Adam fell that men might be, and Christ died so that we might live again. This is the center of beliefs in The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, that we might all return to live with our Heavenly Father again through our Saviour. It doesn't make sense in my mind that the great Designer would create Earth and Heaven, light and darkness, plants, animals, and last of all man to have dominion over all of these things; Man, in His own image with intelligence, deity, and ability to love, and only allow us to experience life on Earth. I don't fathom only believing that we won't love those we love here on earth for this short time, and never see them again after we die. Eternal life, that is what I believe in. I know that I will see my sweet Great Grandparents, my friends, and a sweet infant cousin again. I will see all of those whom I love, and live after my death, in Heaven.


Yes, that is all a mouth full, but it's true. And it is what I have really been contemplating a lot lately. This is Easter.


On a lighter note...


Yes, the Easter Bunny did make it to our house! Hope he hopped to yours too!


Happy Easter!


For a great video on Easter, go here.  

No comments: