July 20, 2012

The Hunter's Wife.

Hunting Widow.
All of you with a husband who likes to hunt
knows exactly what I'm talking about.

We partially dread it, and partially look forward to doing whatever we want.
While the hubs is gone during...
HUNTING SEASON.

Its approaching.
Fast.

It's been on my mind lately.
Trying to coordinate family events around hunting season.
*Sigh*

So, with that in the back of my mind I say this this morning.
"Ty, my back is sore in a place it never has been."
Silence. (Not sure if he is really listening.)
Pointing, "Right here. Ya know. My backstraps."
Ty quickly looks at me. "Backstraps?"
"Ya know, like on a buck."
Silence
Ty, "Ya, that's the best part to eat."
Silence

Well...at least he heard part of it!
Hahaha. I just had to laugh.
Then I realized I just spoke in hunter's terms.
What has happened to me?

1 comment:

Deidra said...

My parents bought tickets to come visit us for Thanksgiving. Two days later my dad got his notice in the mail he drew for some special buck hunt. Twenty people draw. It's for twenty days, and he'll be visiting us for 8 of them. I think his heart is about broken!