I HATE grocery shopping. Who doesn't though right? Well, to make matters even worse are the circumstances under which I have been grocery shopping lately. Here is how it goes.
1. I grocery shop
2. I unload my full cart on the belt...all heavy items first and squishable items last
3. I nervously watch the bagger bag my groceries
4. I pay
5. I push my cart 2 feet and rearrange all of my bags because SOME HOW ALL OF THE HEAVY ITEMS were placed ON TOP of the squishable items. milk, soda, canned goods all on top of the bread, eggs, and fruit
6. I go to customer service because now my eggs are broken, juice boxes are leaking, and bread is squished
7. I wait...very impatiently...while the bagger runs around the store trying to find the items that got ruined
8. I make it home tired and hungry with an even crankier toddler
9. I unload my groceries and find even more ruined food
SERIOUSLY!!!! There is nothing worse than having your groceries squished and ruined after buying them. Where I grew up, we were able to bag our own groceries. I seriously miss it. It is such a hassle to watch someone else handle my valuables. AND not only do i watch things get squished, but often the bagger has just finished wiping his snotty nose with his bare hands, and then proceeds to handly my food. YUCK!
So, what do I do?
I have no idea.
I don't want to change stores unless it's my last option, and I don't want to yell at the bagger.
So, what would you do?