August 2, 2011

Growing Up

This Friday TyRell "graduates" with his MAcc from USU. Time has gone by so incredibly fast! It doesn't seem like that long ago my parents were driving me down here to Logan from Boise for my Freshman year of college. That was SEVEN YEARS ago! It honestly feels like yesterday. I sat behind my dad and cried the whole way there. I sucked it up while I met my roommates and said my good byes, but then cried again all night knowing that I had left my home.

Now, seven years, one marriage, and two great kids later I'm fighting the tears and emotions as we look for a home in the Boise area. TyRell was offered and accepted a job in Eagle, Id. and begins August 29th. We are so incredibly grateful and excited to have work and be able to finally settle down somewhere! I am excited to be near my family and have Bristol's and Tytan's cousins close by. At the same time I am so sad to be leaving Logan. Logan has become my home. I have GREAT friends here, and have created so many memories in this area. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Logan has been very generous and i will be forever grateful for my experiences here. i am also so thankful for the many opportunities that lay ahead!

We aren't sure when we are moving, or where to exactly yet. But it is coming shortly! Wish us luck as we house hunt, and please leave any advice if you have any!

8 comments:

kris said...

very exciting. Good luck!!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

I'm excited for you guys! Good luck with the move. Wish I had some advice for you - I know how it is to have mixed feelings about new chapters in life...you will do great, though!

M.C. Sommers said...

It's crazy how fast time goes! That is all such fabulous news--congratulations! Good luck with the move and finding a new home :)

amberdat said...

There are four empty houses next to me!! Just sayin'... Can't wait to see you guys soon. We are so excited!

Deidra said...

I felt the same way. Darn that Logan for being such a great place to live!

Congrats on the job though, and Eagle is nice, and you're close to family. Lots of bonuses!

mental monika said...

Have fun in Idaho! Too bad you won't have as much snow as Logan, but then again, the one blizzard I got lost in was coming "home" to Twin Falls from Boise once upon a time. =) Definitely different, but I had fun the times I lived and visited there. Good luck!!

Stephanie Walburger said...

yay!! Congrat's you guys!!! we'll have to plan a trip to boise!!! And i'm so glad you guys did summer sales! It was so fun!! I miss you guys!!!!

Lori said...

I'm so excited for you guys! And very jealous you'll be heading back to Boise!!!! That just means you'll be easier to see when I am in town :)