December 4, 2011

Thoughts of Spiritual Uplift

Earlier this week I was asked to help out with a Young Women's activity for our church.
I had all of these thoughts prepared, and when I got up there to say it all...
It came out a little jumbled. 
SO, here is a little bit of what I meant to say!

Excerpt from Alice In Wonderland:
Alice: "Which path shall I follow?"
Cheshire Cat: "That depends where you want to go. If you do not know where you want
to go, it doesn't matter which path you take."

I believe that it is first important to decide where you want to go and who you want to be before you make decisions. Even those small little decisions every day can be important in determining this.

Second, it is important to prepare yourself for those decisions that will arise in life.
President Monson said, "When the moment for decision arrives, the time for preparation is past."

How do we prepare?

President Monson again suggests that we:
Fill our minds with truth.
Fill our hearts with love.
Fill our lives with service.

Will the decision you make move you closer to your end goal, or pull you farther away?

For me, I would like to live in the eternities with my Heavenly Father, holding my husband and children close by. This is my goal. It's a big one, it takes effort, work, diligence and patience. My Heavenly Father will help me along the way. And my Savior Jesus Christ has made it possible. 

Sometimes you might make the wrong decision. 
It's ok. There are too many people to help you along the way to give up.
Never give up. 

No comments: