November 29, 2011

Fear and Faith

It's funny how fear of things changes over the years. When I was younger I had this poster that my Aunt Jenny gave me for my Birthday hanging in my room. I loved the poster. It had ballet slippers laying on top of piano keys, with roses all around. It was awesome. However, in the dark the laces to the ballet shoes made it look like there was this really dark face. It scared me if I ever woke up in the middle of the night disoriented.

Fast forward...

Now I have a family.

One of my biggest fears is my house blowing up with my family inside. I know that it sounds crazy, but it scares me so bad. What are the chances right? Well, lets just say that I know someone, who knows someone, who knew someone that this exact thing happened to.

In a round about way I faced this fear the other day. Here at our house we have a large propane tank in our back yard. It allows us to have heat, and hot water, and a stove that works. Great right? Of course! Well, we had a little change a roo go on in the back yard. I paced the whole time. (Lets just say that I can often be a 'worse case scenario' person). I would have left the house to run errands, but I had to be here. Fortunately the guy calmed my fears and showed me the safety precautions he takes before switching everything out.

Here is what it looked like.


More with facing my fears later...

No comments: