January 21, 2012

Playing My "Biolin."


Bristol loves the violin. And lately whenever I play, she plays her own!
Too cute.
Grandpa is currently getting Bristol's violin fixed. It is a tiny tiny violin that belonged to my sister Hailey. We are so lucky to borrow it! Bristol is so excited! 
I've always believed in the statement that says,
"The richest child is poor without music."
Well, I like to say, "The richest child is poor without 'good' music."
Music is so important in all of our lives. I have been fortunate to be able to play musical instruments all of my life. And not only that, but to have been raised knowing the value of good music. I don't like music that is demeaning, or makes you feel angry or agitated. (And no, I don't just listen to classical ;)) Music has the power to do so many things. It enriches our lives. 
I used to practice my violin or the piano when the kids were napping. Not any more! They love to hear me play. They could be in a different part of the house playing with their favorite toy, but as soon as my bow hits the string, they come running/crawling in! 
On hard days when things just aren't going right, I put on Primary Children's songs. Bristol instantly starts dancing. It's amazing the good qualities that are taught in those songs. 
I hope that you are filling your kid's minds and ears with good music. And if they show an interest in playing an instrument, put 'em in lessons. It is well worth the money. Consider it an investment really! 
I could go on and on about this one...maybe later!

No comments: