October 15, 2011

Awareness

So, today on Facebook it says that today is "Worldwide Pregnancy, and Infant Loss Remembrance Day-Miscarriage, Stillbirth, SIDs."

I thought it interesting that my Mr. and I chose today of all days to support a local cause in Kamas, Ut. You see, little Kinley passed away about a month ago. Her mother Paige was my Mother in law's Young Woman in church. Kinley was 7 months old. Sure, she didn't pass away at our near birth, and it wasn't SIDS either, but she is gone from this Earthly existence none the less. Paige is raising money for funeral costs and a headstone. She is only 21 years old.

Can I just re-iterate my testimony about eternal families. I am so grateful for them. I have both of my babies, and I don't know what it is like to lose one. But  to those of you who have, you will see them again! This doesn't mean that losing a baby/child won't be difficult, but it just might make life a little bit easier.


To those of you who have lost a child, I love you, and your Heavenly Father loves you.

God Bless.

2 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

Chance and I lost our son two years ago, so I know first hand how devastating it can be. We'd love to be able to help your friend. Does she have a website set up or anything?

Ty, Steph, Bris, Big T said...

Unfortunately she doesn't have a website set up that I know of. Thanks for being willing to help! I'll let you know if I hear of anything. Thank you for understanding, and I'm so sorry for your loss.
xoxo