October 18, 2011

My Sister-Missionary

You may know Ashley. Well, let me put it this way, you should all come to know Ashley. She is my second younger sister, and no words can quite describe the "life" she brings to the family. She is full of it, whimsical, spunky, and awesomely lovable.


She is in a rural town a little bit away from Pnom Phen, Cambodia serving a mission for our church. She has been there for one year and one month. She has gotten sick, had stitches put in her leg, dealt with some heat, and fallen in love with the people. As a brief update: she is doing AWESOME! I hear from her almost weekly via e-mail. It is one of the highlights of my week! Maybe I should include snip-its of her letters? Let me know if you are interested.

This is where I know she is supposed to be. However, that doesn't make it any easier for me here back at home. I miss that girl! She will come home April 2012. She may be looking forward to it, but when the time comes I'm sure she won't be quite ready to come home. I'll be ready and waitin'. I love ya Ash!



Ashley on her bike. I don't think I'll ever complain about our rain again!

Her companion Sister Pin. They always go in twos!

Aren't the people beautiful! Always happy too!


I think I'll make her wear that hat when she gets home! Gotta love it.


No comments: