October 23, 2011

Thoughts of Spiritual Uplift

"A Child's Prayer"

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away. 
But I feel it close around me as I pray.

Heavenly Father, I remember now.
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago.
"Suffer the children to come to me".
father in prayer I'm coming now to thee. 

Pray, He is there.
Speak, He is listening.
You are His child.
His love now surrounds you.

He hears your prayer.
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom.
The kingdom of Heav'n.

Go here to listen to the song. Click "words and music" to hear it all!

Sometimes life gets going so well, that I forget what it's like to have a trial. Then real life hits and something happens. This is the song that I always sing in my head, or hum as I'm going about my day.

I have a quote in my scriptures that says, "Trials are are an evidence of a Father's love. They are given as blessings to His children. They are given as opportunities for growth."
                                                                                      H. Burke Peterson



No comments: