October 27, 2011

The Right place, The Right Time

Don't you just love it when you feel like you are in the right place at the right time? And things just click into place? It's like a breath of fresh air.

Often during my day I feel like I'm running at 100 mph trying to get things done, and so is everyone around me. It's exhausting. I've been trying to slow down a little bit, and wouldn't ya know it. Some good things have happened!

A couple of days ago I ran an errand to buy a metronome. On my way out I hear behind me a car door shut. I usually don't look, but I did. And guess what? My high school orchestra teacher! Ha! Who would have thought!

Then today I gave a violin lesson. (Her first with me.) It went really well, a few things to work on, but it should be a great relationship. While "getting it out" on facebook my Elementary and Jr. High orchestra teacher commented on my wall. Even crazier! This turns into an e-mail, followed by exchanging numbers.

And why would I tell all of you this?

Sometimes we put the past behind us, but I like to cling onto the people and the feelings that I have/had for them. I think it's so great to rekindle relationships and pick up where you left off. (Especially now that I'm an adult) and not a pupil. This is so great!

We are all people with feelings, lives, hard times, and good times. We all have talents, and we all have a story to tell. Remember that when you are in contact with people throughout your day. I'm so excited to meet up with  "people from my past" and get to know them better.

It is so fun living where I grew up again and bumping into old acquaintances. Hopefully I will bump into you too!

No comments: